Dates: The first ever World Leisure EXPO opens in the city of Hangzhou, China on April 22 and runs until October 22, 2006. The Congress will be October 15 to 20.
The Congress theme: Leisure ...integral to social, cultural and economic development
Who Should Attend:
- Professional practitioners: Managers, program directors
- Academics: University/College researchers and instructors
- National Government, Provincial and Municipal policy makers and politicians
- National sport, leisure, health and tourism agencies
- Private sector Owners and Investors: Theme parks and commercial leisure sites and facilities, tour operators
- Representatives of the travel and leisure industry
- International and National NGO Representatives from the health, tourism and development sectors
- Students: Leisure studies, leisure and tourism management, sport and cultural studies
- Persons accompanying the above
The World Leisure EXPO is first of three mega-events to be hosted by China in this decade. The other two: The Beijing Olympics in 2008 and the Shanghai World Exposition in 2010.